Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Just a good ole Howdy Intro!!

HOWDY!

My name is Hallie (pronounced Haylee) Morrison, I'm a Junior Horticulture major from College Station, Texas!! BUT more importantly; I am THE loudest, THE proudest, most green thumbed intern for the National Junior Master Gardener Program!

 A-A-A-WHOOP! 

I am so pleased to welcome you to my Summer 2014 Internship blog!



Starting May 27, I will begin a 9 week internship with the National Junior Master Gardener program! I'm so excited to be spending my summer working with this program and I'm writing this blog so I can share my experiences with all of you! (My biggest hope is that you find my gardening word play and puns as funny as I do...) All jokes aside, I am extremely passionate about Horticulture and I am so grateful for this experience! I am saving my back ground information and the amazing story behind this internship for another post because there are some many factors that contributed! However, I want to share some information about the program I will be working for and the specifications of my internship!

Junior Master Gardener or JMG is a international youth program of the Texas A&M AgriLife Extension network. The program provides educational and hands on gardening experience to children in grades 3-5. Children also gain experience in leadership and service. 

During my internship I will be working with the program here in the United State's, more specifically right here in Aggieland! I will be responsible for creating some of the programs that will be used in educational lessons for students, and preparing supplies for instructors. I will also be creating media videos for revamping of the JMG website, and developing a social media calendar that will act as an access point to allow all JMG instructors to stay updated on JMG events. What I am most looking forward to is participating in the JMG events, particularly the ones where I get a little dirt under my fingernails!

I have no doubt that it is going to be a terrific summer and I hope that I find more reasons to love Horticulture! I also hope that as I educate a younger generation, I can inspire a child to love plants just as others have inspired me!

Until next thyme, I leave you with my favorite garden quote!! 

"Do not judge each day by the harvest you reap, but the seeds that you plant!" - Robert Louis Stevenson

Thanks & Dig'Em

Hallie


For more information on JMG please visit their website at:
http://jmgkids.us/  


No comments:

Post a Comment