Tuesday, June 17, 2014

A picture is worth a thousand words!

Howdy,

My oh my, it has been a crazy week! I am slowly wrapping up the Chapter 1 lessons so they can be posted to the website. Thank you to all those poor kids waiting for web activities to complete their manual, I promise your wait is well worth it!!! I've been noticing how deep I have been in the weeds this past week, not really paying attention to anything. This weekend was a nice reminder of how blessed I am, and I got to spend a lot a quality time with my family! I even got a new car:) Thanks Mom & Dad!!  Today was another time to reflect on all things beautiful in life! I got to step out of the office today and snap some pictures for some of our activities. Its true what they say, sometimes you really do need to stop and smell the roses.

Not that I didn't already think A&M campus was beautiful, today just cemented it. It was pouring down rain this morning but as soon as the sun came out I grabbed my camera and took a stroll around our greenhouses. The activities we are doing require the differentiation between monocot and dicot plants so I was on a hunt to find some really clear examples of the two and boy did I!


I will be using the picture about as an example of a Dicot. Dicots can be identified by flowers with parts that are in multiples of 4 or 5!! 


This flower is an example of a Monocot, they are identified by flowers with part in multiples of 3! I am so excited to see my photography published on the JMG website, and I hope that my pictures provide a very clear understanding between the different types of plants!!!

Here a few more picture from around the greenhouses that I took!



This flower is called a Passion Flower and I was just recently introduced to it when I went on a backroad drive on Memorial Day! I think it is absolutely breath taking and quite a bizarre looking flower but it is beautiful, there is no question!! 




It's awesome to be able to use all different kinds of skills for this internship, and I am grateful to be getting to do things I enjoy! With all the hustle and bustle through out my week I can honestly say that today has been my favorite of all the days here! 

What is to come?

Next week I will be traveling to Brenham with Lisa to record some JMG training, I am super excited to see what goes into teaching people the aspects of JMG! I will also be finally publishing Chapter 1 and Chapter 2 activites on the web as well as Mr. Cain's sing-a-long video. 

For all those who are interested Mr. Cain will be blogging for JMG starting this week! You can find his blog posts on the JMGkids.us website along with my posts!! Take a look if you have thyme ;) He is a man full of knowledge and he is excited to share ideas with anyone interested in gardening!


Thanks & Gig' Em, 

Hallie








No comments:

Post a Comment